Friday, February 25, 2011

Lisa Ray - Ray of Hope: Lisa is trending'

Best Colleges for Vocational Courses in India

Lisa Ray is coming to town. No film right now; a book is next. Subhash K Jha catches up with the cancer beater'

Lisa Ray arrives Lisa Rayin India soon, though she hasn't set a time frame for herself. 'I am in no rush and in no set schedule. I expect to travel to India shortly for Rado who have been steadfast in their support of me during this time. I will also probably be promoting '1 a Minute' (the film on breast cancer awareness by Namrata Singh Gujral) in India, with a view to donate some of the proceeds towards Multiple Myeloma research.' At the moment Lisa is not signing any films. 'I'm in no hurry. I don't want to spread myself too thin as I'm getting offers to appear as a speaker across North America and I use this as a platform to raise awareness for Multiple Myeloma. I have already made an appearance in LA to support the screening of my new film 'Cooking with Stella' at the Indian Film Festival of Los Angeles. The proceeds from the opening night screening went towards Dr Berenson's Institute for Myeloma and Bone Cancer Research in LA.' Having proved herself an able warrior in her fight against cancer, Lisa Ray is now all set to write a book on her experiences. She admits the book would be an integral part of her career.

'I'dLisa Ray in Blue also like to raise a lot more awareness for cancer, Multiple Myeloma and stem cell technology. That will be an integral part of my career. As well as writing a book,' says Lisa and adds, 'I don't believe in a swinging career. I believe in living my life to the fullest and career is just one small aspect of this. I think I sacrificed a lot of my life for my career to date, and it's time to balance it out now. Cancer is a huge wake-up call.' Having survived, Lisa is in an exploratory mood. 'I'm exploring new creative opportunities. The point is to chase joy. I've also had some unexpected honours recently. I was invited to be the Master of Ceremonies at a luncheon for Queen Elizabeth here in Toronto and I was also seated at the head table. It was a great experience.'

Lisa's life Lisa Ray Snapis getting back to normal, though it's not quite there as yet. 'I am not back to a normal life, but an extraordinary life because of the insights I've got and the changes I've made to my lifestyle. In one word, my life is 'simplified'. My disease, Multiple Myeloma, is in remission. We don't take the attitude that it is ever gone completely, but we monitor regularly and now I'm leading a particularly healthy life. However, that's why research is so important in the field of Multiple Myeloma ' the next drug could be the one that saves my life. Someone told me, 'healing begins when you realise there's no cure'.

She admits her pace has slackened, but the fierce fighter is determined to re-discover her groove. 'I am engaging with the world, but with a different quality now. I do my best not to get stressed or over-extend myself, as was my habit earlier. I don't think there's such a thing as - the various shades. So, I'm doing a variety of things, but on my own terms. And I'm trying to invest in the things that I enjoy. I'm also still recovering from the stem-cell transplant, so I have to take it slow at times.'

Lisa recently blogged about the shock of her premature menopause because of the cancer. 'What I'm going through is not unusual; so many people go through similar experiences post-cancer. I don't want to sensationalise any of it, but perhaps just to share and raise awareness. I also think it's wrong to expect that everything will roll out in the manner we want. I'm learning a lot and mostly about how to practice compassion with myself. I'm coping as anyone does. I have good days and bad.'

For More IIPM Info, Visit below mentioned IIPM articles.
IIPM BBA MBA Institute: Student Notice Board

1 comment:

wanupeh said...

Good to know there will be a book from Lisa Ray ^__^. I really admire her strength and passion. Luv her blog as well... Go for it Lisa!!! We the world will always be here, standing beside you...what we can do at least...for you ^__^ V. Stay Sunshine always...